We do not offer a diet but a rational meal plan, which should not be considered a temporary measure but a way of life.
Our meal plan is based on the classic Mediterranean diet (recognized as the healthiest in the world as it extends life expectancy and fights obesity, heart, and vascular diseases), as well as the latest “MyPyramid” nutrition pyramid, developed by the Harvard School of Health (it emphasizes the importance of physical activity, a healthy lifestyle, and balanced eating).
The meal plan is based on 3 core principles:
- It contains lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, legumes, and nuts. They are fibre-rich, keep you full longer, and nourish your body.
- We replace heavy fats with some that are easier to digest: fish, olive oil, and avocado.
- Our meal plans suggest fish and poultry at least twice a week. We also customize meal plans for vegans, vegetarians, and people with allergies.
- The basis of the Mediterranean diet is plant-based products: vegetables, fruits, beans, and grains.
- Olive oil is the primary source of fats: It is used both for seasoning salads and deep-frying.
- As the Mediterranean Sea is generous for gifts, people living in the nearby countries eat a lot of fish and seafood.
- Fragrance-rich coloured and flavoured spices and herbs are widely used: Saffron, garlic, marjoram, rosemary, and basil in Italy or cumin, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, chillies, and paprika in Morocco.
Products consumed in moderation
- You won’t see red meat and poultry often in the Mediterranean meal plan.
- Fat cheese, eggs, and yoghurt are consumed in moderation.
- The Mediterranean diet allows you to enjoy your wine regularly but no more than 1-2 glasses daily.
Products you should minimize
- Overly processed foods: candies, sausages, manufactured sauces, prepacked foods. The more you cook by yourself, the better.
- Soft drinks. Drink clear water instead, or occasionally drink a glass of dry red wine.
- Added sugar. Even though traditional Mediterranean cuisine offers some creamy sweet desserts like gelato or tiramisu, you should opt for fresh fruits and berries as your source of sweetness to lose weight faster.
If you want to know more about this diet, please check our blog articles: